Ibn Qayyim in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Chicken meat strengthens the mind and increases the production of semen. It also makes the voice softer, the mind stronger and produces healthy blood.
- It was said that eating chicken meat on a regular basis causes gout, but this is not confirmed by fact. (cf as-Suyuti)
As-Suyuti in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Chicken is the best of bird-meats.
- It is hot and damp in the first degree. (cf Ibn Qayyim)
- It is light in the stomach, quickly digested, and good for the humours.
- It increases the brain and semen and renders beautiful the complexion.
- It strengthens the intelligence of anyone who eats regularly of it. But it causes gout. (cf Ibn Qayyim)