As-Suyuti in "Medicine of the Prophet" said:
· Butter is hot & wet in the first degree
· The best butter is fresh butter
· It is beneficial for constipation and a dry cough
· It weakens the desire for food.
· Abu Nu‘aim relates that the Prophet (pbuh) once said to ‘Ayesha: I love you more than I do butter with honey.
· The Prophet (pbuh) used to like the species of date called ‘Ajwat. Says the writer of this book: Verily the ‘Ajwat is an excellent and sufficient food; and if to it is added some butter, then its sufficiency is completed.
Ibn Qayyim in "Medicine of the Prophet" said, "The fact that the Prophet, peace be upon him, combined butter and dates showed wisdom, for this means the rectification of one by the other.”