Ibn Qayyim in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Beef is cold and dry, heavy on the stomach and suitable for hard workers.
- The harm that this meat causes will be neutralized when one eats it with spices, garlic, ginger and cinnamon.
- The meat of fat calves is one of the best, mildest and tastiest types of food. It is warm and wet, and if fully digested, it provides good nutrition.
As-Suyuti in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Beef inclines to coldness and dryness and is hard to digest.
- The fat of beef is a medicine.
- It is best eaten with pepper and cinnamon.