Ibn Qayyim in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Young camel meat is one of the tastiest and most nutritious types of foods, and those who are used to eating it find it as light and beneficial as sheep meat.
- Some doctors did not like eating camel meat for residents of the cities because they are not used to it.
- Camel meat is hot and dry, difficult to digest and begets black bile.
- Camel meat has an especially strong effect on the body and this is why the Prophet, peace be upon him, ordered the Muslims to perform ablution after eating it.
As-Suyuti in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Camel meat is hot and dry and generates spleen.
- That of the young camel is the best.
- Camel meat is fatty, greasy and stinking.