Ibn Qayyim in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- Rabbit meat was mentioned in the Sahihayn, as Anas said, "We hunted a rabbit after pursuing it for a while. Afterwards, Abu Talhah sent its hip to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, who accepted it.
- Rabbit meat is mildly hot and dry, and the best part of it is the hip.
- The best way to eat rabbit meat is by roasting it.
- Rabbit meat constipates, produces urine, as a diuretic, and dissolves stones.
As-Suyuti in "Medicine of the Prophet" said
- The flesh of the rabbit generates spleen.
- The best meat is that of the back and hind leg.